Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The RNCC Communications Director doesn't know her demographic?

So, it's Election Day and I'm reading this article in the Philadelphia Daily News that talks about RNCC-sponsored crank-calling campaign-calling with illegally formatted messages. (I say "illegally formatted" as political calls such as this are required to first state the candidate on whose behalf the call is made; these are stating the opponent first, typically just as the receiver is hanging up.)

At any rate, I called the RNCC, as the article above so very nicely provided the phone number, and asked if they are sponsoring robocalls. The young lady who answered the phone confirmed that they are. I asked who their targeted demographic was, whether they were calling Republicans or Democrats. She immediately transferred me to their Communications Director. When she picked up, I asked her the same question: Who is their demographic for these calls, Republicans, Democrats, or both? Her response: "I don't know." You don't know? "I don't know." You're paying thousands of dollars to advertise to a group of people and you can't even loosely describe their composition? You didn't give some sort of guidelines to the marketing firm that you hired to perform this function? Doubtful. Why do people continue to argue that the Republican party has some sort of monopoly on the moral high ground? I'm up here, and frankly, I don't even see their footprints.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home