Monday, March 13, 2006

Second verse, same as the first!

So once again the President's reputation is pulled from the fire, at least on paper. Just like with the Harriet Miers nomination, Dubai Ports World has ended the controversy by withdrawing their desire to run the USA-based ports. This ends all of the arguments, investigations, and bad press. I guess my question is: Why? Now they got me curious. I wonder what kind of ties we would have found if we were to investigate. Why was the President even interested in this? Not just interested, but down right adamant. He seemed willing to break the law to push this sale through (and yes, it would have been illegal without the mandatory 45-day investigation), so I wonder if he stood to benefit directly from the transfer...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home